- WHERE THE EARTH AND SKY COME TOGETHER...
Saliris is an invented, compound word meaning "salt rainbow." It refers on the one hand to the salt hill that has become a symbol of Egerszalók, and on the other hand to the diversity that the Resort offers. Our goal is that visitors think back on their visit as experience-rich and positively recharging, pondering when they can make a return visit.
There are certain places on Earth where higher than normal vibrations and a purer form of energy can be felt. One can find many such areas of therapeutic healing in Hungary as well, where we become fresh and energised and the intensity of our physical ailments decrease, making us feel refreshed.
AEgerszalók is one of Hungary's most well-known places of healing power and positive vibrations.
Where the Earth and Sky come together...
Out of the 204 rooms at Saliris Resort, there are 102 Standard, 52 Superior, 40 Superior Plus rooms, 9 Suites, and 1 Presidential Suite. All rooms are equipped with a flat-screen television with access to a large number of channels, as well as a telephone, wired internet connection, mini-bar, safe, air conditioning and heating, coffee and tea-making equipment, and bathrobe. All of the rooms have a terrace.
• Superior: a room with a panoramic view
• Superior plus: a room with a view of the salt hill and a panoramic view
• 20 family rooms available, each with 2 connecting standard rooms for up to 2 adults and 2 children.
• Indoor and outdoor children's pool (weather dependent) offers an opportunity of dabble.
• Above the indoor swimming pool there is a children's play room, which is slightly separate and the younger children can play there.
• The hotel offers Playroom: Playroom for children, teens room: billiards table, darts and foosball, card room and a Billiard Room.
• Trained animators work with the children on weekends and school holidays.
• In addition to the road leading to the hotel, beautiful surroundings, a playground, which is very popular among our guests.
• The meals also think about the children every day, we offer children’s menu and baby chairs are provided.
• On the 6th floor (near the restaurant) a bath baby changing facilities have been built.
"SALT HILL" AND WELLS
Egerszalók's real attraction, on the southern side of the village, is the thermal spring erupting from deep in the earth and limestone hill created by water runoff, which over the years has come to be known as "salt hill." The 65-68 C? medicinal water rich in mineral content continually builds jagged, white formations, offering an imposing spectacle.
The medicinal water of calcium magnesium hydrogen carbonate also contains sodium and a significant amount of metasilicic acid, and has been ranked as one of the best in the sulphuric medicinal waters category. Over the years, the limestone hill has become a symbol and trademark of the surrounding area. It's a sight unique to Europe, with similar natural formations found only in two other places in the world, at Pamukkale in the Asian part of Turkey and in Yellowstone National Park in the United States.
COMPOSITION OF THE MEDICINAL WATERS
In 1992, the Ministry of Health qualified the thermal waters of Egerszalók as "medicinal." Based on the composition of the water, it can be classified as calcium magnesium hydrogen carbonate mineral water, for which the sulphur content is also significant.
Calcium has an anti-inflammatory effect, and sulphur is an important component of cartilage in the joints.
• degenerative musculoskeletal disorders: arthrosis, back and lower back pain
• non-acute stages of inflammatory musculoskeletal disorders
• rehabilitation after orthopedic and spinal surgery
• inflammatory gynecological diseases
• psoriasis, eczema
• severe cardiovascular diseases
• fever and infectious diseases
• skin lesions
• malignant tumours
• general poor health condition